Friday, October 31, 2008

Dressing for Halloween

Nearly everyone I know enjoys dressing up for Halloween. It's the one time of year where it's completely acceptable to dress in a manner that would normally cause someone to believe that you were totally deranged.


I've seen some pretty amazing costumes in my life, too. I think my all time favorite was...well, I can't really make up my mind. Was it the walking head-on-a-platter? Or perhaps the very real-looking wolf-man? Too many costumes to decide.


In any case, I had to come up with a costume for this year that would make an impression. No simple ghost or witch for me, it had to be good. After all, there is some real stiff competition around these parts!


After hemming and hawing, I finally decided on what I was going to be:


A cat.


Yes, a cat. Just complicated enough for me to have an edge over those who were going to go the ghoul-y ghost-y route. And not a black cat, either...too blase. I was going to be a tabby...a sassy tabby. I spent a great deal of time gathering all the elements that I would need. I thought the fur would be an issue, but ended up finding just the thing. I did end up borrowing a tail from a friend though, as my first attempt didn't quite cut it.


Finally, everything was assembled and ready to go.


Here's me in my cat costume:






Pretty real looking don't you think? I'm going to win best costume this year, I just know it!

Have a Happy Halloween!

See you next time...same blog time...same blog channel....

(For more information on wardrobe planning, or to sign up for my free e-zine, please visit my wardrobe planning website.)

12 comments:

RobFromGa said...

I dressed up as a successful Internet Marketer today…
Seize the Day,
Rob
Is Your Corporation Protecting You?
Personal Asset Protection For Small Business Owners

Anonymous said...

ooolala Jennifer... either you really know how to make a costume or you really are a cat-lady.
Nice.
Is that your Cat?

Happy Halloween

Anamarie
Organic Thoughts

Lisa M. McLellan said...

I love it!!!! That was great! You are a whiz with the sewing machine lady. I think I even heard you purr. Anyone who saw your costume tonight will have a halloween to remember! Excellent Post.
Babysitter, Nannies, and Au-pairs

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jennifer! That is THE most realistic cat outfit I've ever seen:-) Nice job!

Darryl Pace

Robert Kaufer said...

That costume is Purrrrrrfect for you.

Learn How to Be A Do It Yourself Lawyer …
Essential Daily Nutrients For Your Health

gr8skot said...

Well done Jennifer. I bet you won the costume contest.


Scott

The Road Warrior -- Foreign Travel Insurance

www.scottalexanderbell.com

Lena Milukh said...

Did you try to copycat your cat?
Improving Communication in Business and Personal Life
body language blog

Cindy Eyanson said...

Nice!
Cindy

Cindy Eyanson Online

JohnWShoemaker said...

Very funny. And I can see that it's you through the eyes!

Intuitive John

David J Parnell said...

Jenn,

My girlfriend and I have a black cat... I am kind of preferential toward them :)


David J. Parnell | Communication Expert
The Communication Expert Blog

Midlife Dating Expert, Singles Workshop Conference Speaker said...

love kitty cats.

All the best,

April Braswell

Online Dating Expert, Romantic Relationship Coach, Romance Coaching

Online Dating Sites Review, Internet Dating Sites Guide

Matthew Shields said...

Hi , Jenn
That was funny, I actually laughed out loud
Happy Trails
Matthew Shields
Hotel Resort Energy Management?
Anything Solar