Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Color Analysis

I've said before that I'm not too fond of all those color analysis systems like Color Me Beautiful and the like. I find them very restrictive and not very practical. I've been typed by several different color consultants, and been given a different "season" each time. I always figured that if no one could agree on my best colors, then obviously there wasn't much substance behind the "science".

Nevertheless, I have up to this time chosen to dress in "warmer" colors rather than "cooler" colors. My coloring is on the golden side rather than the pink, so it would seem that the warmer colors would suit me best.

Or maybe not.

I have come across an expert in the field of color and image who's ideas are so revolutionary and cutting edge that they turn the whole color analysis game on its head. She's pointed out how the early color analysts misinterpreted and misapplied color theory from the art world to the arena of personal image. She's unveiled the mistake of trying to harmonize your clothing with your superficial coloring...and her reasoning is actually quite astonishing. She's got thirty years of experience and a whole bunch of research behind her.

So I am going to test the waters and see what I think of her system. And when I get the results I'll let you know what I think. And if the results totally knock my socks off, I'll be certain to let you all know her name!

See you next time...same blog time...same blog channel....

(For more information on wardrobe planning or to sign up for my free e-zine, please visit my wardrobe planning website.)

11 comments:

JohnWShoemaker said...

How soon will you be letting us know her results? In time for our Spring Wardrobe?

Thanks

Intuitive John

John W Shoemaker.com

Matthew Shields said...

s to know as well. It's interesting to know what colors look best on you as far as anothers opinions, I think I know what colors work for me but what do I know..I'm curious as to your findings

Matthew Shields
Energy Expert

David J Parnell said...

You will indeed have to let us know how it turns out for you :)


David J. Parnell | Communication Expert
The Communication Expert Blog

Unknown said...

Waiting for the results.

Scott Bell

The Road Warrior

Lena Milukh said...

I'm looking forward for the results. So interesting...
Improving Communication in Business and Personal Life

body language blog

Robert Kaufer said...

I am waiting also,

Sign Up for My Free Drafting Wills E-Course

and or

Enroll in my Free 9 Day Incorporation E-Course

John Ho - Melbourne, Australia said...

Right color coordination is crucial in dressing well.

Awaiting your research result.

John Ho
Understanding Personalities for Better Influence & Persuasion
Pure Numerology

Midlife Dating Expert, Singles Workshop Conference Speaker said...

Hi Jenn,

Oh this sounds fantastic.

The man who did my colors would hold color cloth swatches up to my face.

I LOVED having my colors done with that much custom attention to detail.

The thing is, when I was in High School, I LOVED magenta, fuschia, and hot pink w/black.

but they REALLY drain the color from my face.

which you can do when you are 16
b/c you wear ANYTHING ANYWAY when you are 16.

However, the over 35 yr old woman, especially those single gals who are wanting to ATTRACT men for dating, well, we are MUCH better served to wear colors which ENHANCE the color in our face.

Softness also helps. Just in general, we need more SOFTNESS when we get older (to soften age lines. shhhh)

Great style and image work, Jennifer.

All the best,

April Braswell

Online Dating Coach, Dating Expert, Relationship Coach, Romance Coaching

Online Dating Sites Review, Internet Dating Sites Guide

Anonymous said...

I think it (traditional color analysis) works for those of us (few?) who are absolutely clear in our coloring. If you're kind of "in-between" the color guides (my DH certainly is - he could be a spring, summer or autumn, depending on how I squint at him any given day), it really becomes murky. Along with the rest of the group, I'm looking forward to hearing your results.

Nancy Winningham said...

So, I'm anxious to see what your results were! I even used to work for a company as a color consultant, and still I know I look great in some colors that are not in my "season." I have found that the method of looking at level of contrast works much better for me.

Lisa M. McLellan said...

Well, did you get the results yet? LOL Great post. I never had much faith in those color things either. You have so much experience and knowledge in this field that if you don't agree, how could I?!!!!!